Locate at 48 Concord Caddo Rd, Falmouth KY, 41040
The Kentucky Wool Festival saw the first light of day while the winter winds whistled throughout the hills of Pendleton County. A small group of interested citizens who saw the untapped potential of the area met in January of 1983 desirous of creating a unique festival. With the guidance of a University of Kentucky Extension Specialist, it was decided to look to the past for a source of a “theme.” Thus the Kentucky Wool Festival was conceived and in the first week end of October 1983
We here at the Kentucky Wool Festival have a few simple goals we attempt to accomplish each year. They include, but are not limited to:
- To hold an annual event that takes place the 1st Friday, Saturday and Sunday in October.
- Be unique.
- Promote sheep, wool products, and the local community.
- Have heritage demonstrations going on throughout the festival.
- Offer activities for all age groups. Maintain a family oriented atmosphere.
- Provide an opportunity for community and school organizations, crafts people, and individuals to raise money as an alternative of door to door sales or fund raising drives.
- Entertain the public by providing an environment where the people can meet, have fun, hear live music, and learn about our history.
Kentucky Wool Festival Board Members
AKA Head Sheep
Steve Thomas- President
Rick Adams- Co-Vice President
Steve Taylor- Co-Vice President
Dennis Moneyhon- Treasurer
Adam Hall- Secretary
Kim Bastin Myers
Pendleton County Boy Scouts
Pendleton County Boy Soccer Team
Pendleton County Boys Basketball Team
Pendledton County Cheerleaders
Pendleton County Girls Varsity Soccer Team
Butler Lions Club
Pendleton 4-H Clubs
Pendleton FFA Chapter
Pendleton High School Band
Pendleton County Search and Rescue